Please click HERE to review hall availability.
The Babington Centre provides a versatile space conveniently situated in the centre of Trellech village with its own kitchen and, importantly, parking for approximately 20 cars. Sited with St. Nicholas Church opposite and the Lion Inn next door it provides the ideal venue for many social events and celebrations such as weddings, christenings, birthdays and so on. The building itself is a beautiful Grade II listed building in keeping with the ancient village of Trellech or Trellec or Trelleck (there are 13 ways to spell the village name).
BOOKING RATES (as of February 2017)
- Children’s party up to four hours, day time only £30.00
- Adult party, six hours £60.00
- Education or community session, four hours, day time £30.00
- Education or community session, four hours, evenings £40.00
- Wedding weekend, hall & grounds, include kitchen £300.00
- Upstairs meeting room, four hour session not currently available
- Commercial / profit making five hour session, day time £100.00
- Commercial / profit making five hour session, evenings £150.00
- Car Park and grounds per day £60.00
- Car Park and grounds: weekend (Friday 6.00 p.m. till 11.00 p.m. Sunday) £125.00
- Car Park per four hour session £30.00
- Funeral parking Donation request
- Surcharge for alcohol Licence per session £20.00
- Surcharge for kitchen per session £20.00
- Post event clean up £40.00
- External hire of chairs & tables (per unit per day) £1.00
- Wedding deposit £200.00
- Unknown hirers deposit £50.00
The venue itself is maintained as a “blank canvas” deliberately to enable those hiring it to decorate it according to the theme of their event.
For wedding photographers there are many interesting locations in the village. The grounds of the Babington Centre itself, Harold’s Stones, the Virtuous Well and the magnificent Parish Church of St Nicholas.
As for catering there are several public houses in and around the area that would be pleased to advise you.
In the past it has been used for all of the above as well as produce markets, film nights, private parties, promise auctions, scout expeditions and dance groups. It really does provide everything you would expect of a traditional “village hall” in the heart of the village which itself is set in a designated area of outstanding natural beauty.
Please do contact us if you would like to discuss hiring the hall for your special occasion or any other event or function. If you do not know the locality we would be happy to help you by suggesting local businesses who might cater, provide flowers, accommodation and so on.
- Hirers are expected to treat the centre as though it were their own property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition ready for the next user.
- The services of a cleaner can be arranged in advance.
- Charges will be levied for damage.
- The Trustees will charge a deposit of up to £50 in advance and reserve the right to use all or part of that sum should additional cleaning be felt to be required following use by the hirer.
- The Trust has in the past received grant aid for refurbishment. It now relies on hire charges to maintain the building for future generations.
If you enjoyed your event please consider donating
your deposit to the Charity as a “Thank you”.